Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series

What is a super car? A super car is something which have to have technologies that are far ahead of its time. It should have an intimidating looks and should make your jaw drop when you put your foot down by the sheer power and noise of it.

Well to be frank I was never that fond of Mercedes's super cars, I'm a Ferrari guy. The last Mercedes I adore was the 1955 300SL Gullwing, that car was a piece of art and had great racing history back in the 50s. It has a 3 liter straight 6, 4 speed manual which produces 215 bhp (218 PS) and 203 ft·lb (275.0 Nm) of torque, an all aluminum body shell, direct injection, independent suspension, coil springs and a kerb weight of 1293 kg. I know it might not sound that great now but it was the first production vehicle to break 150 mph barrier on road. So trust me on this guys its mind blowing.



OK now back to present. Few years back Mercedes gave us the McLaren Mercedes SLR which is also an astonishing super car but not completely a Benz because it was designed and developed by a British Formula 1 giant McLaren.

Finally after 53 years they came up with another, the SL 65 AMG Black Series. It has a 6 liter V12 turbocharged power plant which produces a staggering 661 bhp (670.2 PS) and 738 ft·lb (1000.0 Nm) of torque. Oh another thing, the carbon fiber dress it wear, allows the SL to reach 200 mph. Last but not the least the sheer looks and presence of it feels like a jolt of electricity shooting through your veins. If you don't believe me just take a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for a long time I was disappointed with Mercedes and their industrial design. Honestly I haven't be able to love the "look" of any of their cars after 98 - at least not for the price you pay for it (i know i know, it's all abt engineering). apart from some very recent 2008 models and Maybach, nothing seemed like a show stealer. but finally, this SL65 sure looks "Mercedes class".

My Learnings

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost Such is life. - Winston, John Wick I always s...